Nuffnang

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The 'RIGHT' side of the bed

Last night, I wasn't feeling well so I slept off earlier than my hubby. After he managed to settle down the baby, he came to my side and got me to move to the middle as he wanted to sit down at the edge of the bed to watch his favorite TV show.

When I woke up in the middle of the night, he was sleeping at the right side of the bed. No wonder I kept tossing here and there, couldn't sleep well, because I was not at my usual side of the bed. (No idea how many of you having the same habit like me, must always sleep at the same side of the bed every night else can't sleep well.)



I woke him up by telling him that I need to 'go back' to my own 'side'. He refused! ~!@#$%^&  He said, it's the same, I shouldn't be so choosy, should learn how to sleep on ANY SIDES of the bed. ~!@#$%^&~!@#$%^ So I tried. Again and again, kept tossing here and there, just couldn't get comfortable whereas he was already snoring away. ~!@#$%^&*@#$%^&~!@#$%^&*

It was 4.14am. I got up from the bed, wondered what to do next. Then I saw my princess was awake, sucking her thumb quietly. When she saw me looking at her, she gave me a very BIG SMILE. She really melted my heart and cheered me up.

Her tummy was exposed as her blankets and clothes are not tuck in properly. The air-conditioner was on and the room was pretty cold. I quickly covered her with blankets, turned off the air-conditioner to warm up the room. I felt so sorry for her. What a lousy mum! I should have checked on her earlier!

Always think that she can sleep through the whole night as she doesn't wake us up. Seems like she just being considerate and sweet, doesn't disturb our sleep till the next day morning.

My princess was very HAPPY & EXCITED when she saw me accompanying her. I carried her and changed her wet diaper. Make her milk and fed her right away. Although she was wide awake, I know I shouldn't talk nor play with her. I just did all those by making eyes contact and gave her warm smiles. (Parents' tip - Do not talk nor play with your baby if you want the baby to sleep at night. Have to train this habit so that the baby will know that NIGHT is TIME for BED.) 

I have no idea whether I will ruin the routine (no milk in the middle of the night). I just couldn't help it. For her, sucking on her fingers means she is hungry.

I was right. She was very hungry. Kept drinking till she knocked off again. Seems like I should check on her from time to time. It's not good to starve her for so long.Guilty Guilty Guilty.

It was 5am. My princess was asleep and I had nothing to do but back to my computer again. Checked out my blog's status and added site meter. Feel happy that the viewer had increased from 0 to 300 + in few days. Really feel thankful. Was thinking to start blogging but afraid my typing sound will wake up my King and my Princess.

Went back to the bed around 5.30am. Woke my hubby again, told him I couldn't sleep. (He should know that if I don't go back to my side = I wouldn't be able to sleep = He wouldn't be able to sleep too.) In the end, he surrendered. *Yeah

FINALLY, I'm back to my RIGHT side of the bed. zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

3 comments:

  1. how good if my bb can be as "considerate" as ur bb :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do u switch off the light at night? That helps the baby to differentiate day & night time better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sleep on the right side of bed too! At home. But when we are traveling i always choose the side further away from the door, and Raymond always let me choose my side, he is easy and thank God for that!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, thanks!