Nuffnang

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Miscarriaged

One of my dearest friends just had a miscarriage. She had bear the child for about 20 weeks and the baby girl's heart beat stopped. When I heard the news from her, I felt very, very sad. I didn't know how to comfort her as I was not at her side (as she is in Kuching). Only SMS and Facebook chat to cheer her up.

I felt thankful to Lord that I had a miscarriage before. I'm not crazy to say that. Seriously, if I never have such bad experience in my life, I will never feel the pain of others. I do feel like crying when I see my friend is sad. I can feel the pain of the lost because I had it before too. Strongly believe that God has His own ways in letting every single thing to happen. We shouldn't loss our faith in Him and never go through any situation without experiencing Him.


Many men will not understand how a mother feels. Men can't really feel the pain of loss (not as much as the mother) because they haven't seen the baby 'visually'. However, the pregnant mother feels differently. They can feel the baby ever since the fetus starts growing inside her. The attachment gets stronger when the heart starts beating in her. The hormone changes plus all the morning sickness she has suffered.

Miscarriage can caused a mother's health deteriorate. That is why there are sayings that women who had miscarriage MUST have confinement period just like those who had given birth. Women needs time to recover emotionally and physically and they have to abort the fetus either naturally or through D&C.

Share the information with you all in 'Why do miscarriages occur'. 

Why do miscarriages occur?

The reason for miscarriage is varied, and most often the cause cannot be identified. During the first trimester, the most common cause of miscarriage is chromosomal abnormality - meaning that something is not correct with the baby's chromosomes. Most chromosomal abnormalities are the cause of a faulty egg or sperm cell, or are due to a problem at the time that the zygote went through the division process. Other causes for miscarriage include (but are not limited to):
  • Hormonal problems, infections or maternal health problems
  • Lifestyle (i.e. smoking, drug use, malnutrition, excessive caffeine and exposure to radiation or toxic substances)
  • Implantation of the egg into the uterine lining does not occur properly
  • Maternal age
  • Maternal trauma
(Copied from American Pregnancy Association)

Mothers, please do not blame yourself if you have miscarriage. It is never your fault to loss the child. God has His own plan so recover fast, take great care of yourself, it is not the end of the day yet! Try again when you are emotional and physically ready! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, thanks!