Nuffnang

Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Favorite Tea

According to Wikipedia, there are at least six varieties of tea: white, yellow, green, oolong, black and pu-erh.

Ever since I had tried the tea with fruity taste in the hotel, I had been searching them for quite some time in the supermarket but in vain. Till one day, I went to Tai Kiong (The Spring, Kuching) and found what I wanted. All of them are imported and more expensive than the usual tea too. Maybe that's why fruit tea is not so common in local supermarket such as Upwell etc?



I bought peach, blackcurrant, apple and mango flavor. Make it with milk only and the fragrance is fantastic. However, my mum said, "Nothing special, they just added in some fruity flavor." And my younger sister doesn't really like it too. Anyway, this is one of my 'secret' in losing weight. Drink tea without sugar (only low-fat milk if you want) and the weight just drop everyday. (Needn't risk your health to buy those expensive weight-lose tea/drink, this is the one you are looking for.)

Oh, my hubby must add in sugar + milk, else he finds it too bitter.

p/s: If you are currently pregnant, please try to gain less than 13kg. Else you will have problem like me, uneasy to lose the excessive weight. I had gained 17kg. Only managed to loose 13kg so far after 3 months of diet. Although experts always say, "Give yourself some time as you had spent 9 months to gain such weight." I just can't wait to wear back my old clothes. Emm....More tea please~

Other than fruit tea, I also bought 2 packets of green tea (BOH) which I felt that the taste is not that strong. It's good for those who have gastric problem but still like to drink green tea though.

The one with strong aromatic green tea (Japan) I had from my cupboard was so strong that I suffered 2-days gastric even I drank it with milk. Love the strong aroma but too bad my stomach just can't take it.

Bought one packet of Jasmine tea too. So far haven't tried yet as I'm busy drinking fruit & green tea twice a day.

Heard that the new Merdeka Mall, Miri is going to have Tai Kiong soon. Happy~ At least I can get my supply by then. Tai Kiong, welcome to Miri!

1 comment:

  1. How does that work? Tea + Water = Gulp at least 1.5liter a day? Do share :-) So keen to know. I like green tea though. Local brand I prefer Boh Jasmine Green Tea, put in a big jar (at least 1.5L) of room temp water and then leave it overnight in the fridge. Next day, whenever I feel like having a cup of water, I drink the cold green tea instead. Taste good but it really depends on the teabags I think. Twinnings has green coloring but taste-wise - nil. I purchased loose tea leaves and a few sachets of teabags when I left Japan last year - the taste is amazingly real. Too bad cant find it here. Heh!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, thanks!