Nuffnang

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Moneyball by Brad Pitt



Based on a true story, Moneyball is a movie for anybody who has ever dreamed of taking on the system.
Brad Pitt stars as Billy Beane, the general manager of the Oakland A's and the guy who assembles the team, 
who has an epiphany: all of baseball's conventional wisdom is wrong. Forced to reinvent his team on a tight 
budget, Beane will have to outsmart the richer clubs. 


The onetime jock teams with Ivy League grad Peter Brand (Jonah Hill) in an unlikely partnership, recruiting 
bargain players that the scouts call flawed, but all of whom have an ability to get on base, score runs, and win games. 


It's more than baseball, it's a revolution - one that challenges old school traditions and puts Beane in the crosshairs of those who say he's tearing out the heart and soul of the game. -- (C) Sony Pictures




I always prefer to watch movies which are based on true stories. Brad Pitt acted very well in this movie and bring out the character of Beane. (if the actor is 'nobody', I don't think I have interest to watch this movie at all.) 


I know nothing much about baseball but seems like in order to win in the game, strategy is very important. 


Nice and worth watching if you need to get motivated!


p/s: My hubby purposely chose this movie for me to watch after I complained to him that I can't wipe off the bad memory on the movie "Flower of War". And this really works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, thanks!