Nuffnang

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3rd month Immunisation

Yesterday my hubby and I brought our baby princess for her 3rd month DTaP-IPV/Hib immunisation.
(DTaP- IPV/Hib-The vaccines against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio and Hib.)

Before going, I told her about this injection as usual to get her prepared. No idea whether she understand anything I mentioned as she looked serious for a while with frowning eye brows then followed by a smile. Well, she has been taking immunisation for once a month like other babies. Her next immunisation will be in her 5th month.

This time, I brought along the camera. To capture the memorable moments so that she can see what she had gone through when she grows up.

The nurse said that the baby's mother (ahem....that's me) had slimmed down fast. Yeah. At last someone notices that. *wink wink (This old nurse was the one who said the baby's mother--that's me again, was fat during my last visit. *sob sob)

Ok. Back to my princess.

First of all, the nurse weighed her.

She is now 6.4kg. (unable to take her photo because I was carrying her)


Next, the nurse check her height/length. 

She is now 62cm. Compare to her birth height (48cm), she is so much 'LONGER' now.





The nurse also measured the size of her head and chest.

Her daddy joked that her girl already has cleavage. Fainted.


Checking her vision. 

She can focus and study people's face since she was born. Then she started to get playful, babbling, smile and laugh in 2 months old. While 3 months old, she can focus on the tv programme, computer screen or any moving object/person. The best part is, she knows how to look at the camera since newborn till now. Whose gene is that?!


Her hearings.

She loves rattling sound. Can get distracted from her crying mood to cheerful mood immediately.


The nurse also checked the strength of her neck, back, & feet.

She can turned her head to left and right and chin up too when we overturned her during newborn. We train her neck strength from time to time. She can hold on her heavy head for longer duration and put up higher now.


And measured the scar from the immunisation she got previously.

Finally, the DTaP-IPV/Hib immunisation.


Step 1. 


Step 2.


Step 3.

Oh. Look at how she 'suffered' and 'cried'.Heartache~

Luckily she just 'cried' for a very short while during the shot. Considered very brave as she stopped crying before we stepped out from the room. My hubby and I were laughing away as we were glad that everything went smoothly.


However, this was her moody look in the car seat when we were on the way to shop for groceries.

When we were on our way to the cashier, we found out she already....


......knocked off in her stroller.

It must be a tiring day for her. Her mood became very good after she woke up from her nap in the stroller. Love her smiles. Babies are angels!

5 comments:

  1. may i know whether watching tv will spoil bb eyes? my bb loves to watch tv too.some ppl said not good for eyes...anyway i still let him watch in order to stop him from crying

    ReplyDelete
  2. you brought her to govt clinic for jabs?
    I'm thinking to bring my baby to govt clinics too as I want to save some $$.
    Taking jabs in KL private hospital is damn expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doreen - Ya. I will let my baby watch tv programmes sometimes. She likes to sit up nowadays. However, better not for too long. Once she likes it, she might prefer watching the fascinating tv programmes to books.

    Panda S - Yes. I did all the jabs in government clinic. It's free and the nurses are very experience. Needn't waste money in the private hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6kg is rather heavy! Last Sunday I was carrying Lili's bsnt girl who was 3 days younger than your baby, my arm was sore after 5 minutes only!! Am I that weak or I need more practice? First time to see ur girl in blue colour! I love babies in blue than pink hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's how parents grow big muscles when their child grow up. Weight-lifting everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment, thanks!